Follow the links below to my other blogs

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Cushman Brook

There wasn’t much to do at work today so I left early and headed up to the Factory Hollow Pond area or as the locals call it, Puffers Pond. There is a pull off a little ways past the pond where the Robert Frost Trail is. I parked there and headed out to take some pictures.

Not far down the trail was this serene little area.

Cushman Brook next to the Robert Frost Trail in Amherst, Mass

I found another mushroom that I can’t name. Search for “orange mushroom” in Google and you will see all kinds of orange mushrooms except this one.

orange mushroom

Next up was this bridge crossing Cushman Brook.

Bridge crossing Cushman Brook in Amherst, MA

I explored the edge of the brook for awhile but curiosity pulled me up the hill, to see what was there.

Railroad bridge over Cushman Brook in Amherst, Mass

I wandered around some more, heading back to the truck when I spotted these eggs on the ground. Poor little fellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment