Follow the links below to my other blogs

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience - Take 2

We headed to Westfield tonight to watch the Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience on the town green. I haven’t been to Westfield before and I have to say it looked a bit run down. The green was nice though. There was a circular fountain in the middle of the green which was nicely landscaped with flowers and shrubbery. There was also very large white dog that found it refreshing.

Large white dog drinking from the fountain on the Westfield Green in Mass
I walked around a bit and found this stone benched nestled against a wall of flowers. I didn't look at the flowers closely but I remember thinking that they reminded me of multi flora rose. Many places planted this invasive species as an ornamental flower so I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I didn't really want to know, so I will just call them pink flowers and leave it at that.

Stone bench surrounded with pink flowers
There was a cool looking clock tower sticking up from the trees. I couldn't find any information on the web about it though.

Westfield Mass clock tower on the Westfield Green
It seems that this event was not well advertised by Westfield. I couldn’t find any information about it online except through the bands website, The Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience. Despite the poor advertising they had a decent turn out.

The crowd at The Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience on the Westfield Green
The band was great and this time they didn’t have the “guest” drummer playing with them, making all kinds of demands and having hissy fits on stage. It was an improvement.

The Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience on the Westfield Green in MA
The Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience on the Westfield Green in MA
The Lynyrd Skynyrd Experience on the Westfield Green in MA
After a rousing rendition of Freebird we went to the Tavern Restaurant across from the green. The bartender there didn’t know there was a band playing on the green that night either. The restaurant was very nice and the food was good. We plan on going back to this place in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment