Follow the links below to my other blogs

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Autumn in the Hidden Hills of Western Mass

So after a long night of working on an Autumn Fairy Halloween costume and watching half of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy I decided to get up early and head out to the Hidden Hills for some autumn foliage sight seeing. Not a bad plan except for the getting up early part.

This is a picture of some of the pieces of the costume laid out as they will be sewn together. It is going to be adorable when finished. I hope the little girl getting it likes it and I hope she is a nice little girl too! I have never met her. If I post a blog about the dress in the future I will tell the story of how I ended up with this little project.

Autumn Fairy Halloween costume pieces
Originally I had intended to go with Penrapture on my autumn sight seeing trip but ever since she got a cell phone I can’t get a hold of her. Maybe she is missing the point of cell phones - too be connected 24/7. In the bathroom, in the grocery store, in the car, at work, while you are sleeping, everywhere, anytime, 24 hour access. Plug me in!

Anyway, I dragged my son out of bed for a drive through the Hidden Hills. He’s a good kid, despite himself.

We stopped at Outlook Farm to deliver some Hidden Hills maps. As good timing would have it, these beautiful horses were coming down the street just as we pulled in. I managed to dig the camera out and get a few pictures as they passed by.

Horse drawn wagon rides at Outlook Farm
There were tables full of pumpkins, gourds, winter squash and apples. I love autumn. There was a mixed grill BBQ with meat from the butcher shop and someone playing guitar. We didn’t stick around for the festivities as we had more stops to make.

Pumpkins at Outlook Farm
Except for a few trees here and there most of the foliage has passed in the area we went through. It was still a nice drive and it was nice to get of the house.

Now it is time to get back to finishing up the Halloween costume and the rest of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

1 comment:

  1. You called my home cell number. Next time try my mobile cell number, it's usually on. And I sent you an email too. Ah well, glad you got out and dragged Ray along.

    ReplyDelete