Follow the links below to my other blogs

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ian Anderson (and friends) at the Calvin Theater

I scored sweet seats (Row D) many months ago to see Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull at the Calvin Theater in Northampton, MA. I have seen him in different incarnations over the years but I have to say that this concert was one of the best. Ian was of course fantastic as was the young German guitarist, Florian Opahle. An amazing, astounding, phenomenal guitarist would be a better description. See for yourself in the video below of a song he wrote called Flamenco.



Of course, I am a HUGE Ian Anderson fan and Florian has a long way to go before he puts together the body of work that Ian has. I leave you with one of my favorite Jethro Tull songs (although really most of them are my favorite), Broadsword. And make sure you watch the very end for the audience shot!



And Heavy Horses too!



And Minstrel in the Gallery!



I could go on and on with one great song after another but I will stop now.

Wait, one more, My God.



What's your favorite Jethro Tull/Ian Anderson song?

No comments:

Post a Comment