Follow the links below to my other blogs

Friday, July 17, 2009

Vermont vacation - Day 1

Rain, rain, rain!

After a long delay in leaving it started to rain as soon as I crossed the Vermont border. Then it turned into a torrential downpour. On the bright side, it can’t get much worse.

Besides the rain the drive was nice. I arrived at the campground at dusk. It was still raining, although lightly. Luckily I reserved a campsite with a lean-to named Ginkgo. My small tent fit inside the lean-to perfectly. Rain problem solved!

I crawled into the tent with a new book to enjoy the rest of the evening. It was quite nice to be snuggled in the sleeping bag, reading a good book, listening to the rain hitting the leaves before falling to the ground…

until I realized my butt was hitting the floor. Great, the air mattress has a slow leak! Oh well, two out of three ain’t bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment